I’m a drug store junkie. I go in to grab a Tide pen and I come out with a plethora of things that I don’t need. Most stay unopened and unused but in that moment I “needed” it. So we’re adding- “Drug Store Reviews”. Simple, easy reviews of all the things we “need” at the Drugstore.
Item: Nutra Nail Gel Pefect UV-Free Gel-Color
What it does: Uses a fast 2 step process to give you a “gel” polish. With claims to give you a polished look that lasts longer than traditional polish.
How to Use:
1. Make sure you have a clean work space, and a towel or paper towel that you can use to dry the brush off after cleaning.
2. Open/unscrew all your bottles, but leave the brushes in them.
3. Brush one coat of applicator on 5 nails. Apply liberally, but don’t get on skin around nails. Nails should look wet/shiny. Move on to next step before this layer dries. [This part smelled like nail glue to me]
4. Apply one, thin, coat of the gel nail color. This is a very thin “polish” or color, so don’t be surprised if it bleeds out, or spreads out on the nail more than a standard nail polish. Try to clean around nail beds, if it gets on the skin. It does dry hard, and you need to use a file to get it off.
5. Clean the brush in the cleaner, and dry on your paper towel. I cleaned between every 2 nails.
6. Repeat Steps 3-5 on your other 5 nails.
7. Repeat for a second or third coat – one coat will not give you a solid polished look.
Results: I absolutely LOVED how easy this product was to use and how great my nails looked! But I was so sad to wake in the morning to have a chip, and by the end of the day I had multiple chips. And the worst part was that I couldn’t just clean them and go. Taking them off takes 5 minutes of soaking. I ended up filing what was left and then using the acetone. With in 3 days my nails were a mess. I tried to do it one more time to see if my results were different, and sadly they weren’t.
In Conclusion: I really wanted this product to work, and I love their color selection but it just didn’t. I feel like it was colored nail glue, that chipped almost instantly. I will not be picking up this product again, but if the formula was changed I’d definitely give it another try. It’s a great idea, at a a great price!