It’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!! No, not Christmas, but close – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! For those of you not familiar with this FABULOUS yearly event, this sale is a Fall preview sale. Starting July 15th, brand new merchandise for fall is brought in at a special SALE price (I know how much everyone loves a good bargain) for 2 weeks only. After 2 weeks, everything is marked back UP to regular price. If you’ve checked out Hasti’s “Sneak Peek” on the MODE Facebook page, you already know about all of the great clothing and accessories.
Here are my top 5 must-have picks for this year’s sale:
1) The Cape – The cape is going to be the hottest trend in outerwear for fall. This trend is already big in Europe, and we’ll be seeing tons of European influences in fall fashion this year. The cape is a classic and must-have staple for your winter wardrobe. It’s classy and sophisticated, and will take the place of your favorite winter peacoat or trench. There are some great wool styles, but some super cute chunky sweater capes as well. Pair your cape with a skinny bottom to balance out your look.
2) Boots – This is the PERFECT opportunity to get a great price on an amazing new pair of boots. Living in Northern California, owning at least one pair of boots is a neccessity for fall and winter. This year there are some HOT boots from Tory Burch (these are already selling out FAST), Frye, and Steve Madden. Flat Equestrian style boots are going to be the #1 style which I’m a huge fan of because they are the most comfortable for walking around or if you’re on your feet all day (like me).
3) Faux Fur Vest – It’s ALL about texture for fall! Furry fabrics paired with leather leggings, textured coats with chunky sweaters, silky blouses paired with faux fur. Faux fur is a great way to add some edge to your outfit and to create a great layering look. Faux fur comes in lots of different colors and styles.
4) Leather – Leather is always a must-have for colder months, but this year it’s not just leather jackets and leather boots, leather bottoms (or pleather) will be a big trend as well! Leather leggings and leather shorts are making an appearance paired with that great faux fur vest I talked about. For even more texture, pair your leather shorts with some patterned tights or sweater tights. Leather looks great with lots of other fabrics and is always perfect for fall/winter.
5) The Satchel Bag – Again, another European-inspired style. The Mulberry bag was the hottest bag last winter (and still is a gorgeous classic style) amongst celebrities, and this short-handled bag remains the must-have shape for this fall and winter. Most also feature a removable long strap so you can switch it into a crossbody bag (which I LOVE!). Look for great vintage looking leather and details like belts, studs, and buckles.
You absolutely do NOT want to miss out on this sale! These are AMAZING markdowns and your only chance to stock up on all of the best fall trends now! Stores open early on July 15th, so grab your coffee next Friday morning and head to your closest Nordstrom store and great ready to shop!